Medicare DME Real-Time Claim Status Inquiry
(including "Same or Similar")
Click HERE to Enroll for your 5 Free Trials!
Real-Time Claims Status Inquiry (CSI) allows you to electronically check the status
of production claims after they have passed the front-end edits and received Claim
Control Numbers (CCN). Through CSI, you will know if your claim has been paid,
denied, or pending. At least three working days after you successfully file
a claim, you will be able to locate your claim in the processing cycle. Payment
information is available for both electronic and paper claims. Also through CSI,
you are able to receive payable Certificates of Medical Necessity (CMN) Information
- this function will tell you if your patient has been issued the "Same or Similar" equipment by another provider.
What information can you get from CSI?
- CSI is divided into three main functions. These functions are:
- CMN Status Information (including "Same or Similar")
- Claims History Information
- Pending Claims Information
CMN Status Information (including "Same or Similar") - View Sample Response
- This function allows users to view payable Certificates
of Medical Necessity (CMNs) for specific beneficiaries, for specific Healthcare
Common Procedure Coding System (HCPCS) codes. This will provide the following information
when a same or similar HCPCS code is found in the common working file or the DME
Jurisdiction's local records:
- HCPCS code and modifier
- Initial date on file
- Recertification date (if applicable)
- Last day the item was billed
- Supplier name
- Supplier phone number
- This option will search the local processing system
and provide status on these types of items:
- Pneumatic compression devices
- Osteogenesis stimulators
- Transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulators (TENS)
- Seat lift mechanisms
- Enteral/parenteral nutrition
- External infusion pumps
- Respiratory items (positive airway pressure devices, nebulizers, respiratory assist
- Hospital beds
- Mobility devices (canes, crutches, walkers, manual wheelchairs, power wheelchairs,
power operated vehicles)
Claims History Information - View Sample Response
Claims History provides information about electronic
claims that have been paid or denied, claims not paid due to full payment by other
insurance or deductible requirements, and pending claims. Claims History includes
viewing the statuses of all claims (paper and/or electronic; assigned and/or non-assigned).
The last 18 months of claims history is available with the exception of claims transferred
from another jurisdiction, which are only available for 45 days. Note: CSI does
not display payment amounts for non-assigned claims.
Pending Claims Information - View Sample Response
How much does Claim Status Inquiry cost?
- This function of CSI gives more detailed information
about pending claims. The pending claims screen does not include information on
a claim if a check for that claim has already been issued or if the claim has been
- Pending claims fall into three categories:
- Claims waiting for information from the Common Working File (CWF) (such as grandfathered
Certificates of Medical Necessity [CMNs] or patient eligibility) before they
can be processed. CWF is where master data files are kept. These master files provide
CMN data and patient eligibility information.
- Claims that have been processed but the payment has not been issued.
- Claims which require additional information or review to complete processing, such
as medical or utilization review, development letters, etc.
5 Free Trial Requests.
Get a taste of the site before entering your billing information.
There is no obligation.
Starting at just $25 per month.
Call Cortex EDI for more details at (800) 485-5977 or email support@CortexEDI.com.
*Disclaimer: The Provider understands that receipt or use of this claim
information does not guarantee payment of any health care claim and such information
is subject to change, even retroactively, at any time.